I have learnt was that no matter how negative or horrid a situation looks, look beyond it, see the positive side of it. Pay attention to the tiny little things, and actually just breathe in the gratefulness and the wisdom from everything. Go deeper within yourself and pay attention to everything you take for granted. There are two sides to every story, to every little detail. There’s love and light even in darkness. It’s up to us on what we concentrate on – the darkness or the little shimmer of light hidden away. Once you concentrate on that little shimmer of light, it will expand and darkness will fall away.
A year ago, I would not have imagined the ending of a story in my life to be so drastically different. Loss makes you grieve, faith gives you strength, family give you support and friends hug you tight and make you laugh. This whole year, all I have done is count my blessings. Literally. Each and every day I thanked God for keeping me so close, for looking after me. I am so grateful to so many people in my life – family and friends – who simply stood by me and kept me so close to their heart.
I learnt quite a few things, but a few stand out.
1. Live in the now. Not in yesterday and not in tomorrow. The only thing we have is this moment, this minute. Rest nothing matters.
2. Love completely and unconditionally. I am not saying blindly. But unconditionally with an open loving heart.
3. Be grateful to every little thing, every person and surround yourself with love. Thank them each and every minute, every day.
4. Let go. You will have people or situations that fill your life with nonsense and drama. Let go. Indulge in peace and serenity. Keep the ones that love you close to your heart and in your life.
5. Forgive. Forgive yourself and others. There’s no point in holding grudges or resentment. You are the one that gets affected. So might as well forgive, forget and move on!
6. Have faith :). Big one here! hehe yes – no matter how bad it looks, no matter how much you hurt – have faith. God always has your best interests at heart. Have faith and see where He leads you.
7. Surrender!! Yes surrender. Stop thinking of hypothetical situations. Simply surrender, and start living without expectations.
8. Hug!! Hug the people that have been there for you. Simply hug them and thank them from your heart.
9. Trust. Don’t close yourself off. Don’t build walls. Trust again. Be vulnerable again. And know that not every person is the same. Who knows, you might make an amazing new friend.
10. Smile. :) Even if you are hurting, breaking up inside … smile. You will not believe how that smile helps not only you but others around you to stay in a positive frame of mind. At some point you will start smiling with your heart and your inner joy will shine in your eyes. :)
This new year, I wish you all love, joy and happiness. Hug and thank the people you love, treasure and enjoy every minute and keep smiling! God Bless!!